Daikin Industries aims to open a third Indian factory for home air conditioners in 2021, investing 10 billion yen ($88.4 million) to double its annual production capacity in the rapidly growing market to 2 million units. [Darkin: Market cap: 32.26B(USD); NI 1.7B; PE: 19; dividend: 1.16%; Rev: 20.66B; Net ratio: 8.23%; E:12.2B; RoE: 14%]
The manufacturer targets sales of 100 billion yen in India for the year through March 2021, double its fiscal 2017 tally.
India’s home air-conditioner market is expected to reach 7.47 million units in 2023, surging by over 70% from 2017 while the global market grows just 20%, according to British research firm Euromonitor International. [still small market compared to China which has 80m units sold locally in 2017]
Daikin, LG and Voltas — part of the Tata Group, India’s biggest conglomerate — each command shares of around 15% to 20% in the country, with the Japanese player claiming the top spot by sales in 2015. Other competitors in India include U.S. company Carrier, as well as Japan’s Panasonic and the Hitachi group.
Jawa reduced imports from Thailand and boosted local production to lower costs, letting Daikin launch ordinary household units priced about 20% below previous models at between 32,000 and 38,000 rupees ($450 to $540). Such units enjoy support from consumers despite costing about 30% more than Voltas’ products and 10% more than those of LG. The South Korean company’s two Indian plants have run at full capacity since last year, and it expects to produce about 1.6 million units in 2018.
Despite the lower prices for Voltas and LG, Daikin Senior Executive Officer Yoshihiro Mineno claims the cost cuts let the company “set prices in a range.” But as the Indian market expands, customers may grow increasingly sensitive to prices.
Its power consumption at full load must not exceed 700 W and it mustn’t consume more than 14 L (3.7 gal) of water per day.
A detailed technical application then needs to be submitted by August, with 10 finalists handed US$200,000 to build working prototypes in November. The final winner will be awarded $1 million in November or December 2020.
Electricity consumption from air conditioning in India is expected to multiply 30 times from 2010 to 2030 if it isn’t made more efficient.
The 900 million residential air conditioners in the world today are expected to rise to between 2.5 billion and 3.7 billion room units by 2050. If little is done to improve efficiency, air conditioning will account for 40% of global growth in energy consumed in buildings by 2050—an amount of energy equivalent to all the electricity used today in the U.S. and Germany combined, according to the IEA. [50m-87m per year, net increase]
Now EESL is working with companies such as Mahindra Automotive, which has ordered 1,100 of the super-high efficiency air conditioners to replace aging units in its offices. The company expects a 15%-30% energy savings over the next 18 months
It remains to be seen whether EESL can drive down the price of super-efficient air conditioners as far as it did with high-efficiency lighting. Unlike with light bulbs, ACs are considered a luxury item for the rich, one governments are wary of being seen as directly subsidizing.
The firm sells a variety of foods, ranging from minced meat to prawns, through 3,500 sales points in 15 countries (the bulk of them are in Dutch supermarkets) and has annual revenues of €12m ($14.2m). One in five sausage rolls sold in Albert Heijn, the Netherlands’ largest supermarket chain, comes from the veggie butcher. Mr Korteweg says he wants to make factory farming obsolete by “seducing meat-lovers” without inflicting suffering on animals and damage to the environment by feeding livestock.
a tenth of Germans are now vegetarians, up from 0.6% in 1983.
- 宏观、行业不好时的好公司 ***** [calm, bke, spd]
- 爆出丑闻的好公司 **** [wells fargo]
- Turn around [gopro, wdc]
- 坏公司 [valeant]
the portfolio of 26 office, retail and industrial buildings from the Swedish pension fund Alecta
a net initial yield of 6.1 per cent, and represents an 8 per cent discount from the £380m
UK real estate capital values fell by 3.3 per cent in July but the decline slowed to an 0.5 per cent drop in August and a 0.2 per cent fall in September, according to the property advisers CBRE
Few know, that as Warren Buffett blew out the candles on his 50th birthday cake, he had just 1% of his current fortune. Think about it: At an age when most give up hope, Buffett was just getting started on the remaining 99% of his fortune.