May 23, 201710-Q Quarterly Report
Total net revenue $ 761,836 $ 749,416
Net income $ 25,236 $ 40,476
Net income per basic share $ 0.14 $ 0.22 [estimated eps 2017:0.74; safe bet <$8]
1 March 2017 Q4 and Full Year 2016 Results
- EPS of $0.30 for the fourth quarter and $1.16 for the year ended January 28, 2017. Excluding asset impairment, restructuring and related charges of $0.09 per diluted share, the company’s adjusted EPS were $0.39 and $1.25 for the fourth quarter and full year, respectively.
- Last year, the company reported EPS of $0.42 for the fourth quarter and EPS from continuing operations of $1.09 for the year ended January 30, 2016,
- based on Non-GAAP results
* Total net revenue increased 2% to $3.61 billion from $3.52 billion last year.
- Consolidated comparable sales increased 3%, following a 7% increase last year.
- Gross profit increased 5% to $1.37 billion and leveraged 90 basis points to 37.9% as a rate to revenue. The improvement in the gross margin reflected an increase in the merchandise margin based on improved IMU.
- Selling, general and administrative expense of $858 million was up 2% compared to $844 million last year, due to higher advertising expense offset by lower incentive compensation. As a rate to revenue, SG&A leveraged 20 basis points to 23.8%.
- Operating income increased 14% to $353 million. The operating margin increased 100 basis points to 9.8%.
- Adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $1.25 increased 24% compared to adjusted EPS of $1.01 last year.
- In the fourth quarter, the company had asset impairment and restructuring charges totaling $21 million related to its owned and operated stores in the UK, China and Hong Kong.
- In 2016, capital expenditures totaled $161 million. For fiscal 2017, the company expects capital expenditures to be in the range of $160 to $170 million
- The company ended the year with total cash of $379 million. As a result of strong free cash flow, cash increased $119 million compared to the end of 2015. During 2016, we returned $91 million in cash dividends to our shareholders.
- The company ended the year with 943 AE stores, which included 88 Aerie side-by-side locations. Additionally, the company had 102 Aerie stand alone stores and 176 licensed stores at year end.
February 09, 2017 The Vanguard Group – 23-1945930
February 03, 2017 Massachusetts Financial Services Company (“MFS”)
January 19, 2017 Blackrock
January 06, 2017 8-K Current report filing
hat fourth quarter comparable sales to date are approximately flat. The company continues to expect fourth quarter EPS to be within the range of $0.37 to $0.39 per diluted share, consistent with its previous guide es. The company will release fourth quarter and fiscal 2016 results on March 1, 2017 and will host a conference call to review financial results on that date.
Annual Report 2015
- founded in 1977. We are a leading specialty retailer, operating over 1,000 retail stores and online at ae.com and aerie.com in the U.S. and internationally.
- Aerie is an intimates brand, offering bras, undies, swim and so much more for every girl.
- the Aerie brand operates 97 stand-alone stores and 67 side-by-side stores connected to AEO brand stores.
- On November 2, 2015, AEO Inc. acquired Tailgate Clothing Company
- As of January 30, 2016, we had approximately 37,800 employees in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, China and the United Kingdom of whom approximately 31,300 were part-time and seasonal hourly employees.
- In January 2013, our Board authorized the repurchase of 20.0 million shares of our common stock. The authorization of the remaining 2.8 million shares that may yet be purchased expires on January 28, 2017.
- Nov. 2015- Jan. 2016: repurchased 14,563,220 shares @ $ 14.51
- We ended the year with $260.1 million in cash and no long-term debt. Cash flow from operations for the year was strong and allowed for the repurchase of 15.6 million shares for $227.1 million.
Total net revenue for the year increased 7% to $3.522 billion, compared to $3.283 billion last year. Total comparable sales increased 7%. By brand, American Eagle Outfitters’ comparable sales rose 7% and Aerie increased 20%. Consolidated gross margin increased 180 basis points to 37.0%, compared to 35.2% last year.
- Depreciation and amortization expense increased to $148.2 million from $141.2 million last year, driven by omni-channel and IT investments, new factory and mainline AEO Brand stores, and the new fulfillment center; Depreciation and amortization expense increased to $141.2 million in Fiscal 2014 from $132.0 million in Fiscal 2013
- Net cash provided by operating activities totaled $341.9 million during Fiscal 2015, compared to $338.4 million during Fiscal 2014 and $229.9 during Fiscal 2013.
- A $0.125 per share dividend was paid for each quarter of Fiscal 2015, resulting in a dividend yield of 3.4% for the trailing twelve months ended January 30, 2016.
- The Company exited its 77kids brand in Fiscal 2012. These Consolidated Financial Statements reflect the results of 77kids as discontinued operations for all periods presented.