- Green Tea
Michael Burry, former head of Scion Capital Group, works at his office at his home in Cupertino, California. Photographer: Tony Avelar/Bloomberg
‘Valar Morghulis’ is a Braavosi greeting said in, which literally translates to “All men must die” in the Common Tongue.
‘Valar Dohaeris’ is its accompanying greeting, which literally translates to “All men must serve”.
- “In life, all men must serve even if they don’t want to, and death will free them.”
- “Chill, Death isn’t as bad as it seems, because our Life is full of serving undeserving tyrants.”
- “We like saying this dreary mystic shit to scare away Westerosi tourist-morons with their too-hopeful .”
- “Our great-great-great-great-g
reat-great grandparents wanted to kill themselves in that Valyrian volcanic heat, but they didn’t, and they came here and now we’re all coolly chatting in Low-Valyrian, except for this greeting-part. Yay us!”
- “This is a , in case the dragons (and the Targs) come back one day, so we know we stand together, and will give them the Gift together.”